We’re on the move

By March 21, 2013News, Uncategorized

Mill Court has now moved into its new premises at Cavendish Court in the centre of Doncaster.  The building was built in the Georgian era and is grade II listed.  Originally it was the former northern headquarters of the now defunct National Coal Board.  Cavendish Court is an asset of TLB Properties, part of the Vigo Group, owned by Nadeem Shah a Doncaster entrepreneur and his son Tariq Shah.

Cavendish Court was originally named South Belmont in Doncaster, but later changed to The Lodge and subsequently to its present title. It was built in 1813 by William Haigh, agent for Lord Fitzwilliam’s Irish estates. For some time the daughters of banker Leonard Walbanke Childers lived at the property and it was used by the National Coal Board for more than 40 years.  The property was purchased by Mr Shah in 1999.  

Leave a Reply